Skip to main content

Why Using Pumpkin Will Light Your Skin Up Like A Jack O' Latern

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown


Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Facial with 20% Lactic Peel.  You NEED to experience this facial!  Using a 20% lactic peel and powerful enzymes, your skin will feel and look invigorated, revived and 5 years younger.  Contact me for a free consultation.

It's that time of the year where all you see is pumpkin pumpkin everywhere.  Whether you are enjoying a Pumpkin Spiced Latte or an Autumn Pumpkin Patch Candle, it's safe to say that through the months of September, October and November, the almighty pumpkin reigns supreme in everything aesthetically pleasing.  Speaking of aesthetically pleasing,  did you know that pumpkin is PHENOMENAL for your skin?!

Pumpkin is one of those fruits that was once overlooked for it's powerful anti aging benefits but has recently exploded all over the skin care industry.  Organic and natural skin care companies like Rhonda Allison, Eminence and The Somme Institute have proven that the power of the pumpkin is very real.  

Just to name a few of my favorite skin care products from the above lines, I give you my Draft Queens for this season:
  1. Rhonda Allison - Pumpkin Cleanser with Salicylic Acid (great for sensitive, rosacea, oil and acneic skin types.
  2. Eminence - Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel - gives a deep clean and exfoliation which allows for better absorption of other products like serums and moisturizers. 
  3. The Somme Institute - Boost Warming Masque helps to purge the pores and invigorates skin with vitamins A, B3 B5, C & E


The Great Pumpkin To The Rescue
  • Pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A, beta carotene and carotenoid which all help with cell turnover, rejuvenation, reduction of fine lines, wrinkles and pores.  Vitamin A protects against UV damage and slows aging and protects against infection.
  • Pumpkins are high in vitamin C.  Vitamin C's role is vital in creating and stimulating fibroblasts in the dermis that  synthesis collagen and elastin.  Both collagen and elastin are responsible for giving skin that very youthful and bouncy appearance for gorgeous glowing skin.  Vitamin C also helps reduce exposure to UV damage that causes hyper pigmentation and age spots.
I believe in the philosophy that you are what you eat. To really ensure that you are getting the FULL BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN to get glowing skin from within, consider these Nutrition Facts:
  • Pumpkins not only contain vitamin A & C, they also have some niacin *(helps the body make various sex and stress-related hormones in the adrenal glands and other parts of the body. Niacin helps improve circulation, and it has been shown to suppress inflammation),  potassium , phosphorus, silicon, iron, magnesium and calcium.  
  • Pumpkin has more than 2400mcg of the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which are super stars in eye health and vision.
  • Has more than 12,000 IUs of vitamin A.
I have two great recipes that incorporate pumpkin to give you a boost that will create a healthy internal environment, along with a gorgeous candlelit glow from within:

Pumpkin Spiced Shakeo - Combine all ingredients with Vanilla Shakeology (from photo above) add ice, a 4oz coffee and a splash of  flax milk.  Blend and enjoy this dense nutrition shake  filled with antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes, trace minerals and adaptogens that will keep your digestive tract pH balanced and ultimately will give you younger looking skin.

Filet of Cod with Mashed Pumpkin and Steamed Broccoli -  Season Cod with garlic, coconut oil, salt & pepper, and lime juice.  Blanch in skillet for 3 minutes.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook cod for 10 minutes.  Cut pumpkin into 4 sections,  Remove from skin and bake in baking pan for 30 minutes in butter and coconut oil.  Steam broccoli and season with garlic and lemon juice.  Mm mm scrumptious!


Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe that you use either in your skin routine or when meal prepping?  If so share below in the comments.  

I'm the Esthetician's Esti!  So for my fellow back breakers out there who need to sit back and be pampered for once I'm running a  very handsome promotion.  

Book a facial today (if you live in CT/NY area I can travel to you, contact me for details) and receive a 25% discount off the total cost of original price.



Sign up for a free month of Beachbody on Demand, Challenge Pack and Shakeology and get facial for free (CT/NY residents only). $130 value.

OR

For residents outside of CT/NY area, purchase a Challenge Pack through Beachbody and receive cosmetic samples from Benefit Cosmetics along with a free consultation via FaceTime/Skype.

Please leave feedback if you found this article helpful and as always...

Salut Cin Cin 

*References
 http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-b3-niacin
The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth  by Jonny Bowden, Ph. D., C.N.S.
Staying Healthy with Nutrition The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine by Elson M. Haas, MD with Buck Levin, Phd, RD



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sweet Treat Packed That Will Boost Your Immunity

#SweetTreatThursdays 1 packet Vanilla Shakeology, 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1 organic apple, 1 cup Flax Milk,  dash of pumpkin spice, dash of nutmeg, ice.  Blend and enjoy! I don't know about you, but boy do I love me some delicious sweet treats...especially around eight o'clock at night.  It's been a little over a year ago that I discovered Shakeology, and that discovery has made all the difference in my daily food choices, consumption, and health.  I used to reach for pints of ice cream or processed cookies and milk (I can eat a whole bag of Oreo's no problem),  and by 3 AM I'd pay the price for over indulging in one of my favorite foodie past times...dessert!  Not only would I feel uncomfortable, I was exhausted the next day since my sleep was interrupted, I had a headache most of the day, my skin looked ruddy, my digestion was all out of wack, and worst of all I would be sick constantly.  Not these days! It's that time of the yea...

5 Reasons Why You Should Always Wash Your Face Before Bedtime

I remember the days long before I became an Esthetician.  Yup, those were the good ol days of partying into the sunrise, drinking sugary mixed drinks and smoking Parliaments.  Oh and how can I forgot all the 5am runs to either White Castle, Taco Bell or Colony Diner. Picture Courtesy blaster.com Pizza the Hut in Spaceballs It's amazing my skin just didn't melt off of my face.  Or that my skin has managed to hold up against the test of time.   This is where I have to give myself a pat on the back, a standing ovation, actually this calls for a slapass (if you don't know then you need to watch Key & Peele on Comedy Central...get your mind right).  I was always diligent about washing my face before I went to sleep.  It didn't matter how tired or drunk I was, I could not go to sleep with 10 hour old makeup on my face, along with all the smoke (back then you could still smoke at the bars and in the clubs) and just the day on my face. ...

For All My Foodies Out There

Hello and welcome back to another recipe edition brought to you by Skin From Within, Integrative Wellness & Beauty. If you are a follower of mine on Facebook and Instagram , then you've probably seen one of my latest posts on the very colorful and yummy, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers.  I've been getting a lot of requests for the recipe so I'm here to give you just that!  Before I do I want to address some frequent questions I get about the meals I cook. FAQs Where do you find inspiration, or get the ideas for the dishes you throw together? From all over honestly. I grab ideas from other cooks, women, cooking shows, and magazines.  Often when I'm driving long distances is when I come up with the best ideas because I grab inspiration from the world outside of my car.  Around this time of year everything is uber green, so I often will come up with a recipe that emulates my outside environment.   Sometimes I have no clue as to what I'm going to buy or...