As promised, I give to you a visual guide to help you determine and navigate a great skin care routine for your skin type.
Dry Skin - Pick products that are emollient rich (Epidermal Repair, AGE and Overnight Repair from Skinceuticals are great options). Look for ingredients like Shea, Mango or Coconut Butters. You may want to incorporate the fatty form of vitaminA into your regime for cell turnover that will keep the skin supple and fresh.
Aging Skin - Post menopausal skin that has started to show the signs of aging (can happen pre menopause if frequent smoker, alcohol drinker, over exposure to sun, unhealthy food consumption, age related or not taking care of skin). It's not impossible to reverse a lot of damage that has happened at this point. I first suggest getting a series of peels *please consult with an Esthetician or Dermatologist first*. Use products that are high in AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids found in fruits, nuts, dairy and flower sources to name a few). You also want to use a very light and superficial peel system at home to maintain results from in spa peels. Eminence just released a beautiful line of at home peels. Environ also released their Revival Masque fall of 2015. I've used both and love both. I use the Revival Masque once a week for its lifting, tightening, firming and brightening effects. Retails for $91 and worth every penny.
Environ.com
Eminence.com
Rosacea Skin - I feel for you guys. I had Rosacea that started when I was14 and followed me into my late 20s. I can tell you there is hope for sure! Diet, hygiene and proper care will help to eliminate this very annoying and unsightly flare up. I personally saw a huge difference in my skin when I used the Rhonda Allison Citrus Cleanser. Peels will also help to alleviate the bumps and rough texture that join the redness. Utilize products like cream based cleansers. Lab Luzern Pure Cleansing Cream is also magnificent in treating Rosacea. Make sure to follow up with an antibacterial/antiinflammatory serum. Cucumber, Chamomile and Stone Crop are wonderful options. I'd recommend a gel based moisturizer until the skin calms down, then can switch to cream based. Calm Skin Moisturizer is also amazing for this skin type as are Lactic Peels at a ph of 2 - 3.5% with a 5% - 7.5% efficacy.
RhondaAllison.com
Labluzern.com
Eminence.com
Sensitive Skin Types - similar to Rosacea with out the extreme redness and rough texture accompanied with bumps. Most fair skinned or red heads are considered sensitive. They burn easily, alcohol and spicy foods make them flush. and extreme hot or cold conditions can rupture broken capillaries giving off the appearance of very rosy cheeks. Sensitive skin is often confused with Rosacea but are not necessarily the same thing. Stick to cream based cleansers that contain Aloe, Chamomile or Citrus. Use a hydrating serum like Strawberry Rhubarb Serum from Eminence and moisturize with with a calming cream like Calm Skin Moisturizer or Rosehip Moisturizer with SPF 30. All products recommended from Eminence.com
Rhondaallison.com
labluzern.com
Acneic/Problematic Skin - Skin is very inflamed and actually hurts from "undergrounder" cysts or pimples. Skin has the appearance of red masque throughout cheeks, nose and chin. Blackheads and pores are large and skin often feels oily. I highly recommend a trip to the Derm first, HOWEVER, don't get pushed into Accutane or Epiduo right away. I'm not against these products but I think they are the last resort in fighting against acne. A great system for this skin type is The Somme Institute. The line focuses on vitaminsA, B, C, D, E and K encapsulated in peptides to give you an amazing delivery system to the upper layers of the Dermis and lower layers of the Epidermis to target and kill the bacteria that causes acne. Look for gel based products such as LHA Solution, Rextexturizing Activator, Hydrating B5 gel and Overnight Repair for Oily Skin. All from skinceuticals. High Frequency is also an amazing tool as it kills the bacteria that lingers on the surface of the skin. Other options are Laser Treatments, Peels and Microdermabrasion.
Skinceuticals.com
Sommeinstitute.com
Here is a link to at home High Frequency Machines or you can visit your local Esti http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=high+frequency+portable&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4966905121&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4vwc1ik6zk_b
Oily Skin - Your skin is pretty normal except you feel like an oil slick. You actually may be overdoing your routine and stripping skin of its natural protective barrier. Get into a good AM/PM routine using gel based products. Simply Clean from Skinceuticals is awesome; as is the Natura Bisse Oxygen line. Again Peels will be beneficial to bring the skin back to a healthy pH.
Naturabisse.com
Skinceutical.com
Want to know what effects the skin the most? Drinking plenty of water and eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, lean meats and seeds.
If you have questions or would like a consultation please comment below or message me @bluenix812@gmail.com
*I am not a doctor nor claim to be one. Always consult with your Physician when taking medications that may interact with certain skincare products.*
**I am a New York State Licensed Esthetician with 5 years on hand experience. I'm certified in Peels, Laser, Microdermabrasion, Reiki, Reflexology, and Teeth Whitening. I love questions and assisting people find the best skincare routine for them! Feel free to get in touch via FB https://www.facebook.com/alexis.oconnor.77 Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jet_lexington/ or Pinterest @bluenix812. **
Thank you so much for reading. If you like please subscribe and share with your friends :)
Dry Skin - Pick products that are emollient rich (Epidermal Repair, AGE and Overnight Repair from Skinceuticals are great options). Look for ingredients like Shea, Mango or Coconut Butters. You may want to incorporate the fatty form of vitaminA into your regime for cell turnover that will keep the skin supple and fresh.
Aging Skin - Post menopausal skin that has started to show the signs of aging (can happen pre menopause if frequent smoker, alcohol drinker, over exposure to sun, unhealthy food consumption, age related or not taking care of skin). It's not impossible to reverse a lot of damage that has happened at this point. I first suggest getting a series of peels *please consult with an Esthetician or Dermatologist first*. Use products that are high in AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids found in fruits, nuts, dairy and flower sources to name a few). You also want to use a very light and superficial peel system at home to maintain results from in spa peels. Eminence just released a beautiful line of at home peels. Environ also released their Revival Masque fall of 2015. I've used both and love both. I use the Revival Masque once a week for its lifting, tightening, firming and brightening effects. Retails for $91 and worth every penny.
Environ.com
Eminence.com
Rosacea Skin - I feel for you guys. I had Rosacea that started when I was14 and followed me into my late 20s. I can tell you there is hope for sure! Diet, hygiene and proper care will help to eliminate this very annoying and unsightly flare up. I personally saw a huge difference in my skin when I used the Rhonda Allison Citrus Cleanser. Peels will also help to alleviate the bumps and rough texture that join the redness. Utilize products like cream based cleansers. Lab Luzern Pure Cleansing Cream is also magnificent in treating Rosacea. Make sure to follow up with an antibacterial/antiinflammatory serum. Cucumber, Chamomile and Stone Crop are wonderful options. I'd recommend a gel based moisturizer until the skin calms down, then can switch to cream based. Calm Skin Moisturizer is also amazing for this skin type as are Lactic Peels at a ph of 2 - 3.5% with a 5% - 7.5% efficacy.
RhondaAllison.com
Labluzern.com
Eminence.com
Sensitive Skin Types - similar to Rosacea with out the extreme redness and rough texture accompanied with bumps. Most fair skinned or red heads are considered sensitive. They burn easily, alcohol and spicy foods make them flush. and extreme hot or cold conditions can rupture broken capillaries giving off the appearance of very rosy cheeks. Sensitive skin is often confused with Rosacea but are not necessarily the same thing. Stick to cream based cleansers that contain Aloe, Chamomile or Citrus. Use a hydrating serum like Strawberry Rhubarb Serum from Eminence and moisturize with with a calming cream like Calm Skin Moisturizer or Rosehip Moisturizer with SPF 30. All products recommended from Eminence.com
Rhondaallison.com
labluzern.com
Acneic/Problematic Skin - Skin is very inflamed and actually hurts from "undergrounder" cysts or pimples. Skin has the appearance of red masque throughout cheeks, nose and chin. Blackheads and pores are large and skin often feels oily. I highly recommend a trip to the Derm first, HOWEVER, don't get pushed into Accutane or Epiduo right away. I'm not against these products but I think they are the last resort in fighting against acne. A great system for this skin type is The Somme Institute. The line focuses on vitaminsA, B, C, D, E and K encapsulated in peptides to give you an amazing delivery system to the upper layers of the Dermis and lower layers of the Epidermis to target and kill the bacteria that causes acne. Look for gel based products such as LHA Solution, Rextexturizing Activator, Hydrating B5 gel and Overnight Repair for Oily Skin. All from skinceuticals. High Frequency is also an amazing tool as it kills the bacteria that lingers on the surface of the skin. Other options are Laser Treatments, Peels and Microdermabrasion.
Skinceuticals.com
Sommeinstitute.com
Here is a link to at home High Frequency Machines or you can visit your local Esti http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=high+frequency+portable&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4966905121&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4vwc1ik6zk_b
Oily Skin - Your skin is pretty normal except you feel like an oil slick. You actually may be overdoing your routine and stripping skin of its natural protective barrier. Get into a good AM/PM routine using gel based products. Simply Clean from Skinceuticals is awesome; as is the Natura Bisse Oxygen line. Again Peels will be beneficial to bring the skin back to a healthy pH.
Naturabisse.com
Skinceutical.com
Want to know what effects the skin the most? Drinking plenty of water and eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, lean meats and seeds.
If you have questions or would like a consultation please comment below or message me @bluenix812@gmail.com
*I am not a doctor nor claim to be one. Always consult with your Physician when taking medications that may interact with certain skincare products.*
**I am a New York State Licensed Esthetician with 5 years on hand experience. I'm certified in Peels, Laser, Microdermabrasion, Reiki, Reflexology, and Teeth Whitening. I love questions and assisting people find the best skincare routine for them! Feel free to get in touch via FB https://www.facebook.com/alexis.oconnor.77 Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jet_lexington/ or Pinterest @bluenix812. **
Thank you so much for reading. If you like please subscribe and share with your friends :)

Comments
Post a Comment