Skip to main content

I'm Going Nuts for Coconut Milk!

Ha ha I'm so corny at times but enough of my personality.  Salutations readers.  How's everyone doing today?  It's been a busy morning but the afternoon looks to be a calming presence and time to share some nutrition facts about COCONUT MILK.

When I was in school studying Nutrition the things I learned about Coconut Milk knocked me off my feet.  I couldn't believe all of its health benefits.  Before I get into that,  the coconut has a bad reputation for being high in saturated fats.  This is true.  However,  contrary to popular belief some saturated fat is actually good for us and we need some of that fat to keep our joints mobile, our sex organs vital and the good cholesterol (HDL) that keeps our hearts pumping.

Coconuts also contain medium chained triglycerides or MCTs (you'll see MCTs on the carton at the grocer, don't fear the unknown this is a good thing).  What that means is that these medium chained fats are used for energy; not for fat being stored around your belly, so go have a glass today and feel more vibrant!  They have also been studied and proven to be antiviral and antimicrobal which means that they may be helpful in fighting some cancers and may also have positive effects on immunity.     This is what shocked me about coconuts...THEY MAY PROTECT AGAINST STDs! God sure is something else.

Ladies, I said it earlier but let me make this clear... Coconut Milk has been proven to help people lose weight.  How?  Remember those MCTs we talked about before?  Well, turns out that our bodies metabolize MCTs at an astonishing rate.  This means that we are given more energy and in turn are able to burn more energy.  So if you're headed to the gym or some sort of exercise, try this delicious recipe with your Coconut Milk.

4 ounces (1/2 cup) Coconut Milk
1 whole frozen banana
1 cup of raw spinach
1 scoop of Super Green Drink Powder (available at Trader Joe's)
4 - 5 ice cubes

Throw all of those ingredients into a blender and voila! You have a powerhouse smoothie that is great for you, will help you burn fat, and comes packed with a days essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and a serving of vegetables.  You really can't beat it so go try some now!

So Delicious is the brand that I tend to buy because it comes in so many varieties of flavors.

I'm trying to get you guys the link for a 1.00 off  So Delicious Coconut Milk coupon, but my computer is being pesky.  In the meantime I'll post a link on my facebook page.
Or if you feel like killing a couple of seconds go to this link :

http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13306&zid=iq37&nid=10&bid=alk0422100454f3ae4f78812313

Click to page 5.  On the left hand corner at the bottom you will find the coupon for 1.00 off So Delicious Coconut Milk. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sweet Treat Packed That Will Boost Your Immunity

#SweetTreatThursdays 1 packet Vanilla Shakeology, 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1 organic apple, 1 cup Flax Milk,  dash of pumpkin spice, dash of nutmeg, ice.  Blend and enjoy! I don't know about you, but boy do I love me some delicious sweet treats...especially around eight o'clock at night.  It's been a little over a year ago that I discovered Shakeology, and that discovery has made all the difference in my daily food choices, consumption, and health.  I used to reach for pints of ice cream or processed cookies and milk (I can eat a whole bag of Oreo's no problem),  and by 3 AM I'd pay the price for over indulging in one of my favorite foodie past times...dessert!  Not only would I feel uncomfortable, I was exhausted the next day since my sleep was interrupted, I had a headache most of the day, my skin looked ruddy, my digestion was all out of wack, and worst of all I would be sick constantly.  Not these days! It's that time of the yea...

5 Reasons Why You Should Always Wash Your Face Before Bedtime

I remember the days long before I became an Esthetician.  Yup, those were the good ol days of partying into the sunrise, drinking sugary mixed drinks and smoking Parliaments.  Oh and how can I forgot all the 5am runs to either White Castle, Taco Bell or Colony Diner. Picture Courtesy blaster.com Pizza the Hut in Spaceballs It's amazing my skin just didn't melt off of my face.  Or that my skin has managed to hold up against the test of time.   This is where I have to give myself a pat on the back, a standing ovation, actually this calls for a slapass (if you don't know then you need to watch Key & Peele on Comedy Central...get your mind right).  I was always diligent about washing my face before I went to sleep.  It didn't matter how tired or drunk I was, I could not go to sleep with 10 hour old makeup on my face, along with all the smoke (back then you could still smoke at the bars and in the clubs) and just the day on my face. ...

For All My Foodies Out There

Hello and welcome back to another recipe edition brought to you by Skin From Within, Integrative Wellness & Beauty. If you are a follower of mine on Facebook and Instagram , then you've probably seen one of my latest posts on the very colorful and yummy, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers.  I've been getting a lot of requests for the recipe so I'm here to give you just that!  Before I do I want to address some frequent questions I get about the meals I cook. FAQs Where do you find inspiration, or get the ideas for the dishes you throw together? From all over honestly. I grab ideas from other cooks, women, cooking shows, and magazines.  Often when I'm driving long distances is when I come up with the best ideas because I grab inspiration from the world outside of my car.  Around this time of year everything is uber green, so I often will come up with a recipe that emulates my outside environment.   Sometimes I have no clue as to what I'm going to buy or...