Skip to main content

Home Decorating Tip #1

Are you bored with a room in your home but don't feel like painting and just at a loss for what to do?  Well it's Spring Cleaning around the Lexi Lab and I have a habit of getting rid of everything.  So when I was looking thru some stuff to give to a clothing box I came across some very vibrant scarves that I've never used.  Wanting to add something new and much needed color to my living room I decided to make new pillow coverings for my throw pillows.  So easy, so cheap and in my opinion so cute.  You can sew up the seams and add a button for some chic appeal or if the scarf is big enough just tie it around the pillow and make some ties.  It's a lot of fun and you can get creative. If you have any ideas post them here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sweet Treat Packed That Will Boost Your Immunity

#SweetTreatThursdays 1 packet Vanilla Shakeology, 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1 organic apple, 1 cup Flax Milk,  dash of pumpkin spice, dash of nutmeg, ice.  Blend and enjoy! I don't know about you, but boy do I love me some delicious sweet treats...especially around eight o'clock at night.  It's been a little over a year ago that I discovered Shakeology, and that discovery has made all the difference in my daily food choices, consumption, and health.  I used to reach for pints of ice cream or processed cookies and milk (I can eat a whole bag of Oreo's no problem),  and by 3 AM I'd pay the price for over indulging in one of my favorite foodie past times...dessert!  Not only would I feel uncomfortable, I was exhausted the next day since my sleep was interrupted, I had a headache most of the day, my skin looked ruddy, my digestion was all out of wack, and worst of all I would be sick constantly.  Not these days! It's that time of the yea...

5 Reasons Why You Should Always Wash Your Face Before Bedtime

I remember the days long before I became an Esthetician.  Yup, those were the good ol days of partying into the sunrise, drinking sugary mixed drinks and smoking Parliaments.  Oh and how can I forgot all the 5am runs to either White Castle, Taco Bell or Colony Diner. Picture Courtesy blaster.com Pizza the Hut in Spaceballs It's amazing my skin just didn't melt off of my face.  Or that my skin has managed to hold up against the test of time.   This is where I have to give myself a pat on the back, a standing ovation, actually this calls for a slapass (if you don't know then you need to watch Key & Peele on Comedy Central...get your mind right).  I was always diligent about washing my face before I went to sleep.  It didn't matter how tired or drunk I was, I could not go to sleep with 10 hour old makeup on my face, along with all the smoke (back then you could still smoke at the bars and in the clubs) and just the day on my face. ...

For All My Foodies Out There

Hello and welcome back to another recipe edition brought to you by Skin From Within, Integrative Wellness & Beauty. If you are a follower of mine on Facebook and Instagram , then you've probably seen one of my latest posts on the very colorful and yummy, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers.  I've been getting a lot of requests for the recipe so I'm here to give you just that!  Before I do I want to address some frequent questions I get about the meals I cook. FAQs Where do you find inspiration, or get the ideas for the dishes you throw together? From all over honestly. I grab ideas from other cooks, women, cooking shows, and magazines.  Often when I'm driving long distances is when I come up with the best ideas because I grab inspiration from the world outside of my car.  Around this time of year everything is uber green, so I often will come up with a recipe that emulates my outside environment.   Sometimes I have no clue as to what I'm going to buy or...